In today’s crowded online marketplace, having a strong brand that stands out is more important than ever. One often overlooked but extremely effective branding strategy is choosing a premium domain name for your website and business.
What is a Premium Domain Name?
A premium domain name is a domain name that is short, memorable, easy to spell, and contains commonly searched keywords related to your business. For example, if you run an accounting business, an ideal premium domain could be something like AccountingPros.com.
Premium domains are typically shorter domain names with .com extensions that have inherent value and authority associated with them. They tend to rank better in search engines, be easier for customers to remember, and look more professional than long, convoluted domain names.
Why Invest in a Premium Domain for Your Brand?
Here are some of the key benefits of using a premium domain name for your business:
A short, catchy domain name is simply easier for people to remember. This helps build brand recognition and loyalty over time. A memorable name makes it more likely for people to talk about and recommend your brand to others.
Trust and Credibility
Premium domains convey professionalism and can lend your business instant credibility. People associate shorter .com names with more established websites and businesses.
Higher Search Rankings
Keywords contained directly in your domain can boost SEO and help pages on your site rank better for those terms. Premium domains tend to rank higher than non-premium options.
A good premium domain gives you room to expand your offerings over time. For example, if you start with AccountingPros.com, you could eventually widen your services and rebrand as FinancePros.com without having to change domains.
How to Choose the Best Premium Domain
When researching and selecting a premium domain, keep these tips in mind:
- Brainstorm keywords and terms related to your business offering. Prioritize ones that get steady search volume.
- Try out different combinations of these keywords along with other engaging words. Aim for short and catchy.
- Use a domain registrar like GoDaddy to search availability for .com options tying in your top keywords.
- Double check spelling and make sure it’s easy to say and remember. Avoid confusing spellings or abbreviations.
- Consider splurging for a shorter 1-3 word .com domain if you plan to brand and grow the business long-term.
Finally, when you land on the perfect premium domain for your company, make sure to register it for multiple years and renew it on time. A premium domain that caps off a strong brand identity will be worth the investment many times over.